Re: exporting tables

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 10:35:31 GMT

binh_at_manta.nosc.mil (Binh H. Tran) writes:
:
: Hi folks,
:
: I have a problem with exporting tables schema from Oracle
: 7 to Oracle 6. I believe one of the problem is that
: Oracle 7 uses VARCHAR2 to denotes character fields which
: Oracle 6 doesn't recognize when I tried to import it.
:
: Could someone please tell me how to export tables from
: Oracle 7 so that it will be accepted by Oracle 6 when
: I import it?
:
: Your help is much appreciated.
:
: Binh Tran
: binh_at_cod.nosc.mil

You need to have a v6 environment which you can use to connect via SQL*NET to the Oracle7 database.

In the v6 environment, run the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/expvew.sql script while connected via SQL*NET to the Oracle7 database as SYS. This will create the export views required by the v6 export utility.

In the v6 environment, connect to the Oracle7 database via SQL*NET using the V6 export utility, and then perform the export. This will create a .DMP file which can then be used by the v6 import utility connecting to a v6 database.

--
regards,
Carl