Re: sqlmenu50 grant and role assign, interactive only?

From: Bob Rosales <brosales_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 1994 21:54:21 GMT

s11976_at_ctsc.hkbc.hk (PM Wong) writes:

>We have 100 and over users to grant access and assign them roles so they
>can use runmenu. So far, I only know how to do it via the sqlmenu50 way.
>It would save me so much time if I can do it like how I create oracle
>user via a script. Or if thisis not possible, if there is a group concept,
>I might be able to grant to a group that consists of such users.
>Any possibility ?

There are two issues:
(1) If you want grant a user execute privilege for menu, you can issue genmenu comman with -ge option. See page 12-7 of your Oracle Menu for more detail. An example is:

                gemenu50 -ge pm_wong
(2) If you want to grant a user to a specific role,you can perform an insert into system.menu_b_user values (user_name,role_name). An example is

	insert into system.menu_b_user
	values ('pm_wong','ABC_ROLE');

In our system( we run Oracle 7), we keep track of all the roles that a user has in a table (user_auth) and we create triggers on this table to automatically insert or delete records
from system.menu_b_user whenever a role is added or removed from user_auth.

Hope this helps

Robert Rosales
Sonica Software Corp
brosales_at_netcom.com