Re: sqlmenu50 grant and role assign, interactive only?

From: Kenneth Ho <kenho_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 1994 13:49:11 GMT

In article <brosalesCvMKuL.EG9_at_netcom.com> brosales_at_netcom.com (Bob Rosales) writes:

>There are two issues:
>(1) If you want grant a user execute privilege for menu, you
>can issue genmenu comman with -ge option. See page 12-7 of
>your Oracle Menu for more detail. An example is:
> gemenu50 -ge pm_wong
>(2) If you want to grant a user to a specific role,you can
>perform an insert into system.menu_b_user values (user_name,role_name).
>An example is
> insert into system.menu_b_user
> values ('pm_wong','ABC_ROLE');
>In our system( we run Oracle 7), we keep track of all the roles
>that a user has in a table (user_auth) and we create triggers
>on this table to automatically insert or delete records
>from system.menu_b_user whenever a role is added or removed from
>user_auth.

>Hope this helps

>Robert Rosales
>Sonica Software Corp
>brosales_at_netcom.com

Is it possible to do this in Forms 4.0 under MS Windows? My Oracle representative say that granting role can only be done interactive ONLY!

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kenneth Ho
Programmer
Hospitality Data Resources Ltd., H.K.   Received on Mon Sep 05 1994 - 15:49:11 CEST

Original text of this message