Re: CASE internal table structure

From: Slurton <slurton_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Aug 1994 01:04:01 -0400

In article <33j972$15n_at_news.delphi.com>, dagmara_at_news.delphi.com (DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM) writes:

I currently own the meta-model book and can tell you that unless you are planning on developing a product which require an industry standard way off creating Oracle*CASE objects and if you can figure out a mile long syntax statment, then this book is not for you.

I'm guessing that you would like to insert information into the case tool from an external source and need to know exactly what data needs to go in what table.

I curretly did this and basically did the following things.

  1. In a multi window environment I started SQLDBA and monitor the tables that where being used.
  2. I went into the case tool and brought up the screen, like the Entity Attributes definition screen, and inserted data that I would recognize if I were to select from a table.
  3. I then monitor the tables and view that were being used in the SQLDBA utility.
  4. I used SQL*FORMS 3.0 to create a default form with the column names intact to view the table of interest, like the SDD_ELEMENTS table.
  5. I was then able to query the record that I inserted and establish the columns that I would need to insert data into.
  6. I then put my data in a comma delimited flat file.
  7. Used SQL*LOADER to load the data into a temp table.
  8. Used PL/SQL to plan the temp table data into the Oracle*CASE tables.

This worked very well.

Let me know how it goes.

Scott A. Lurton

Senior Analyst
W R Systems, Ltd.
Fairfax, Va
USA Received on Sun Aug 28 1994 - 07:04:01 CEST

Original text of this message