Database trigger

From: Willy Klotz <willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 94 22:57:44 GMT

According to oracle manuals, a database trigger can be written for each record which will be processed ("for each row" clause), or it can execute for the statement (without "for each row").

Currently, all database triggers I have written use the "for each row" clause; but what can I do with the other type of trigger ? Do I have access to the original SQL-Statement ?

For example, is it possible to detect that a delete statement affects a large number of rows ?

Willy Klotz

Willys Mail     FidoNet   2:2474/117  2:2474/118     Mail Only System
                CIS: 100020,3517       USR Courier HST dual standard
                willyk_at_kbigate.franken.de
                willyk_at_kbigate.stgt.sub.org

-> No Request from 06.00 to 08.00 <-