Re: Problems with ReportWriter 20 Install

From: Jgreene <jgreene_at_aol.com>
Date: 25 Aug 1994 22:21:10 -0400

In article <33i187$s7u_at_stc06.CTD.ORNL.GOV>, bzy_at_ornl.gov ( B C Zygmunt) writes:

> I have just installed a beta copy of ReportWriter20 (7.0.15.6 of RDBMS,
 SunOS
> 4.1.3). When I try to run r20desm, I get the following error message:

> ld.so: libgraphics.so.8: not found

> Does this mean the Oracle Graphics has to be purchased/installed?

I installed the official release of ReportWriter 2.0 on our 7.0.16 database on Solaris. As I recall, we had to upgrade out database to 7.0.16 to get ReportWriter 2.0 to work properly. Also, when we did the install, we had to upgrade the GUICOMMON product (which came on the ReportWriter CD). It gave us the option of installing the GUI-based or text-based version of the ReportWriter product. We chose the text-based version and it has worked well for our users. Hope this helps. Received on Fri Aug 26 1994 - 04:21:10 CEST

Original text of this message