Re: SQL*NET troubles....V1 -> V2

From: Roderick Manalac <rmanalac_at_oracle.com>
Date: 26 Aug 1994 00:49:52 GMT

descarte_at_istellar.demon.co.uk (Alligator Descartes) writes:

|> ORA-1034: ORACLE not available
|> ORA-7429(I think?): Failed to attach segment......

Sounds like a permission problem. You might want to make sure that the oracle executable in the $ORACLE_HOME that you are trying to connect to has the setuid bit set. I think with Oracle7 on some (if not all) Unix platforms, the setgid bit needs to be set as well. Otherwise it at least appears that the networking part is working.

chmod 6711 $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle

Hope this helps.
Roderick Manalac
Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Aug 26 1994 - 02:49:52 CEST

Original text of this message