Re: ORA-06107 when using ODBC and Visual Basic 3.0...

From: Alastair Newson <anewson_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 17:58:12 GMT

I had a brain dead version of SQL*Net TCP/IP until I put a newline after the ORASRV entry in the services file. (It tends to be the last entry). Before I found out about the newline by accident, I'd reported that it didn't work to oracle. (This was a *long* time ago) and that I made it work but putting the ORASRV entry first in the services file. I wonder if that advise became a standard work around ? Infamy at last ?

Alastair Newson             'When the best leader's work is
done, Technical Projects Manager          the people say, Glaxo Pharms UK
Ltd              "We did it ourselves!"'
44-81-990-3023 Received on Wed Aug 17 1994 - 19:58:12 CEST

Original text of this message