Re: ORA-06107 when using ODBC and Visual Basic 3.0...

From: Bill Meahan <wmeahan_at_ef0424.efhd.ford.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 12:53:37

In article <32g0ae$kco_at_gsusgi1.gsu.edu> idmrmb_at_gsusgi1.gsu.edu (Mark Buffington) writes:
>schmiedj_at_rocbi.dnet.roche.com (Joerg Schmiedle) writes:
>>If you are using TCP/IP as protocol, SQLnet requires an port-entry
>>in your services-file. Type in the line
>>ORASRV 1525/TCP ORACLE
>>Look at your oracle.ini where the TCP_SERVICES_FILE should point to
>>your services file.

>It's been in there since I installed TCP/IP months ago.. :(
>Using the native ORACLE tools I can get to ALL of my servers just
>fine. It's just that ODBC doesn't seem to be happy (surprise).

Several versions of SQL*Net for Windows are brain-dead and require the ORASRV entry in the Services file to be the FIRST LINE of the file. Try changing your entry to the first line and see what happens.

Also, some TCP/IP stacks are case-sensitive regarding entries in the Services file, make sure everything is in LOWER case.

Good luck!

--
Bill Meahan,  Senior Developer  |        wmeahan_at_ef0424.efhd.ford.com
Electrical & Fuel Handling Division, Ford Motor Company