Re: Using Same connect by different process

From: Dave Crowson <dcrowson_at_amoco.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 23:03:50 GMT

In article <CuMuL8.7xz_at_uunet!aadt> a363674_at_aadt.com (Shirish Kumar) writes:
>From: a363674_at_aadt.com (Shirish Kumar)
>Subject: Using Same connect by different process
>Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 14:51:07 GMT

>We are looking for the solution to the following problem -

>How can we use the same rolback segment from
>two different processes? In other words, how can we
>connect to the database from one process and let other
>process use the same 'connect'? To make it more clear, we
>want a process to see all the changes made by a different
>process without commiting.

You cannot guarantee that any given process uses any particular rollback_segment, unless you reduce the database to having only one, which wouldn't be a good idea.

David Crowson Freelance Oracle Consultant (since 1983)

igotan_at_ombomb.demon.co.uk or weirdguy_at_cix.compulink.co.uk

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.  I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to  move, to get down off this featherbed of civilisation  and to find the globe granite underneath and strewn  with cutting flints" : Robert Louis Stevenson