Re: Using Same connect by different process

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_wwsun10.us.oracle.com>
Date: 16 Aug 1994 17:45:56 GMT

In article <dcrowson.113.001110DE_at_amoco.com>, dcrowson_at_amoco.com (Dave Crowson) writes:
|> In article <CuMuL8.7xz_at_uunet!aadt> a363674_at_aadt.com (Shirish Kumar) writes:

|> You cannot guarantee that any given process uses any particular
|> rollback_segment, unless you reduce the database to having only one,
|> which wouldn't be a good idea.

Actually, in Oracle7 you can use 'set transaction use rollback segment xxx'. This must be the first statement in the transaction, and will hold until the next commit or rollback. This is valid in version 6 as well I think, after a certain version (6.0.34 I think). But it isn't in PL/SQL 1.0, however. It is valid in PL/SQL 2.0.