Re: Using Same connect by different process

From: Bob Rosales <brosales_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 23:20:42 GMT

a363674_at_aadt.com (Shirish Kumar) writes:

>We are looking for the solution to the following problem -

>How can we use the same rolback segment from
>two different processes? In other words, how can we
>connect to the database from one process and let other
>process use the same 'connect'?

NO WAY! To make it more clear, we
>want a process to see all the changes made by a different
>process without commiting.

The closest thing that comes to my mind is dbms_pipe which one process can send changed data to another process before any commit.

YOU ARE TRYING TO WORK ORACLE TOO HARD! DO NOT GO AGAINST THE FLOW!!! Robert Rosales
Sonica Software Corp.
brosales_at_netcom.com Received on Wed Aug 17 1994 - 01:20:42 CEST

Original text of this message