Re: V7 connectivity from a PC

From: Heikki Rissanen <rissahe1_at_news.ougf.fi>
Date: 15 Aug 1994 12:59:38 +0300

Barry Roomberg (barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com) wrote:
: It's incredible that Oracle forces us to upgrade, touts the wonders of
: MTS, and then makes us buy additional products such as SQL-NET which
: have NOTHING to do with the kernel functionality in order to even
: run it!!! I'm gonna think long and hard whenever recomending Oracle
: to a client!

That's not all of it: When I think of how much hardware we have to buy in order to keep in pace with Oracle, I begin to wonder if Oracle has some ownership in memory chip or microprocessor industry!

r:hessu

Heikki Rissanen, United Papermills, Rauma, Finland
Email: heikki.rissanen_at_ra.upm.yhtyneet.mailnet.fi