Out of Memory - Oracle ODBC Driver

From: Darrell Edwards <Darrell.Edwards_at_SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 1994 16:47:08 GMT

When I try to run a MS Access 2.0 application with the Oracle 1.1 ODBC driver, I keep getting an "Out of Memory" error. With my PC setup, I can't see how I could be out of memory. Has anybody run into a similar problem? Any ideas on what I can do or change?

My application can connect to an Oracle database running on an NCR 3500 and runs for a while doing doing SQL inserts, selects, updates, and deletes. However, when I get to a part about half way into my test application which handles recordsets, the application fails with the "Out of Memory" error. At this point, I end up having to reboot my PC.

I have the following installed on my PC:

PC 486/66 with 16MB
MS DOS 5.0
MS Windows 3.1
Wollongong Pathway 3.0
MS Access 2.0
Oracle 1.1 ODBC Driver
SQL*Net TCP/IP 1.1.7.7B
Oracle Installer 3.0.9.4.0
Required support files 7.0.15.0.0B
SQL*Plus 3.1.1.9.3
Windows swap file - increased from 4MB to recommended 50MB (No effect)

Darrell Edwards - darrelle_at_sannsm.SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM AT&T Global Information Solutions Received on Wed Aug 03 1994 - 18:47:08 CEST

Original text of this message