Re: GO_BLOCK

From: Kim Ng <kimmng_at_uswnvg.com>
Date: 3 Aug 94 16:59:21 GMT

wu litao (litao_at_CS.ColoState.EDU) wrote:
: Hi Everyone,

: I have problems to use GO_BLOCK on key-nxtfld trigger. Could you please
: give me some hint if you know the answer?

: I have a form consisting of 2 blocks B1 and B2, which are based on
: 2 different tables. B1 has 2 NOT NULL fields f1 and f2. I need to build a
: key-nxtfld on f1 so that I can go to block B2, but I cannot do so.
: When I click next field after I enter value to f1, I get
: "FRM-40202: Field must be entered." error, while the cursor stops
: at f2!

The form did EXACTLY as told. Your f2 field is still null! If you want to skip block while leaving the other field blank, turn off the "REQUIRED" attribute. You can always check for it in your "pre-insert" and "pre-update" trigger. "CALL" worked because it never left the field f1 (as far as the first form is concerned).

Personally, I do not like to call other forms if I can help it. If you do it enough times (depending on the size of the forms --- can be a few hundred times), you may run into memory problem. You will then have to exit the form and run it again. This is from personal experience.

 Kim Ng
 (Just a low life contract programmer. Thus, my clients won't adopt my views.) Received on Wed Aug 03 1994 - 18:59:21 CEST

Original text of this message