GO_BLOCK

From: wu litao <litao_at_CS.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 03:18:50 GMT

Hi Everyone,

I have problems to use GO_BLOCK on key-nxtfld trigger. Could you please give me some hint if you know the answer?

I have a form consisting of 2 blocks B1 and B2, which are based on 2 different tables. B1 has 2 NOT NULL fields f1 and f2. I need to build a key-nxtfld on f1 so that I can go to block B2, but I cannot do so. When I click next field after I enter value to f1, I get "FRM-40202: Field must be entered." error, while the cursor stops at f2!

So I have to change my design. Making B2 be another form, then call this 2nd form. It is OK to call, but new problem rises: when I am back to previous form, I cannot move to next field since I have define the key-nxtfld to call the 2nd form!

I am using Oracle 7 and Form 3.0, BTW.

Thanks for your help in advance. Please email me if/when possible.

--
Litao Wu
Computer Science Department    Phone: (303)491-8119