Re: SQL*Net V2 - Windows / TCP/IP

From: Oracle71 <oracle71_at_aol.com>
Date: 25 Jul 1994 19:14:03 -0400

In article <CtHqAF.GpA_at_data.fls.dk>, stbn_at_data.fls.dk (Steen Birkerod Nielsen/STBN) writes:

<KJOHNSON_at_ESRIN.BITNET> writes:

>Does anyone know if this product available/planned/beta/... ???

>Thanks in advance for information, Kevin.

It must be available. I just got a large box with 10 copies of SQL*Net V2 TCP/IP for Windows (I thought I was getting V1). Now it's going to force me to dig around and fight with NET_CONFIG and getting all the V2 machinery ready. I was kind of putting it off, but rather than sending this back, I'm going to try to get the server end configured and try it out first.

I haven't really been happy with the synchronization between the SQL*Net V2 documentation, the stuff in the IUG for 7.0.15/16, and the realities out on the server. So far in my experience, SQL*Net listener and client problems have been the most aggravating in getting solved. (SQL*Net OSI/StarGROUP V1 almost put me over the edge in getting it working with V7.0; heroic efforts by Oracle here and in Europe got us straightened out.)

R. (Scott) Hunter shunter_at_cfotax.attmail.com Database Administrator
AT&T Tax Services Company
Financial Services Organization, AT&T Corporation Received on Tue Jul 26 1994 - 01:14:03 CEST

Original text of this message