Re: MSAccess 2.0 -> Oracle 6 on standalone PC

From: Gary Assa <gsa_at_panix.com>
Date: 23 Jul 1994 22:33:56 -0400

>I am trying to get MS Access to talk to Oracle 6 with both installed on the
>same PC.

I have Access 2.0 working with SCO Unix Oracle 6. The ODBC drivers that came with 2.0 do not work. You need 1.1
Try that. I also do not understand what you were saying about the setup. I just installed Access, then ODBC, then SQL*NET (this is a must; you did not mention this). Did you put 1524 orasrv/tcp in you /etc/services file? Did you start orasrv on the Oracle side? More info???

1. Earth is 98% full. Please delete anyone you can.
2. I came, I saw, I deleted all your files.
3. The world will end in 5 minutes. Please log out.