MSAccess 2.0 -> Oracle 6 on standalone PC

From: Howard Umphrey <hru_at_connected.com>
Date: 22 Jul 1994 09:55:36 -0700

I am trying to get MS Access to talk to Oracle 6 with both installed on the same PC.

I am using the current ODBC driver from Microsoft and it does try to connect but I either get a message saying that Oracle for DOS is single task only, or I get an Oracle 3121 or 3112 error message.

In the oracle setup I have LOCAL=S: and am using that for a connect string in the ODBC setup (S:). I am also running windows in standard mode (win/s).

Has anyone else done this?
Could you mail me some suggestions, or mail me your voice number and discuss?

Howard Umphrey (hru_at_connected.com) Redmond, WA Received on Fri Jul 22 1994 - 18:55:36 CEST

Original text of this message