Re: Help on Using ORACLE forms 4.0

From: Tcs <tsarma_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 22 Jul 1994 21:01:14 GMT

In article <30ok12$q63_at_news-feed-1.PeachNet.EDU> John Morgan <John_Morgan_at_OIT.PeachNet.Edu> writes:
>In article <30j0st$95o_at_hk.super.net> Mr Joseph Ho, hdrjoe_at_hk.super.net
>writes:
>> After we typed over this voucher number with a new number (not yet
>>in the database) we want Oracle to 'automatically' clear the detail
>>block and let us start creating a new voucher with new items.
>>
>>'Automatically' means without pressing any other keys.
>>
>>My programmer has a problem doing this. I was told it was because in
>>WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM one cannot clear blocks and also cannot go into
>>insert mode. Any suggestions on how we can implement this style
>>of user interface in Oracle Form 4.0?

you can solve this problem by creating a timer in WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM. In WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED trigger, go to the detail block and do a clear block. There is no restriction on usage of built-ins in WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED.

Trigger code might look some thing like this..

IN WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM :    Create_Timer('Your_Timer',1);

IN WHEN-TIMER-EXPIRED :    Go_block('Detail_block');
   Clear_Block;
   ..

TCS Received on Fri Jul 22 1994 - 23:01:14 CEST

Original text of this message