Re: Help on Using ORACLE forms 4.0

From: John Morgan <John_Morgan_at_OIT.PeachNet.Edu>
Date: 22 Jul 1994 14:10:41 GMT

In article <30j0st$95o_at_hk.super.net> Mr Joseph Ho, hdrjoe_at_hk.super.net writes:
> After we typed over this voucher number with a new number (not yet
>in the database) we want Oracle to 'automatically' clear the detail
>block and let us start creating a new voucher with new items.
>
>'Automatically' means without pressing any other keys.
>
>My programmer has a problem doing this. I was told it was because in
>WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM one cannot clear blocks and also cannot go into
>insert mode. Any suggestions on how we can implement this style
>of user interface in Oracle Form 4.0?

You could probably accomplish this by:
1- hiding the actual base table item
2- create a "fake" field (non base table) that is initialized with

    a copy of the original item.
3- if the displayed field is changed, then clear and go into insert mode, and

   copy the fake field to the original.

of course, you are probably violating the Oracle standards for data entry/navigation, since you are taking control away from the user. Received on Fri Jul 22 1994 - 16:10:41 CEST

Original text of this message