Re: Help on Using ORACLE forms 4.0

From: Ford TQMS developer <tqms_at_ef4120.efhd.ford.com>
Date: 22 Jul 1994 21:26:39 GMT

Mr Joseph Ho (hdrjoe_at_hk.super.net) wrote:
: What we have are a base table block (eg. Voucher hearder record)
: and a detail base block (with item details belonging to the above voucher).

: When we enter an existing voucher number in the base table block, it
: displays all the item details in the detail block. This is fine, but what we
: also want to do is this...

: After we typed over this voucher number with a new number (not yet
: in the database) we want Oracle to 'automatically' clear the detail
: block and let us start creating a new voucher with new items.

: 'Automatically' means without pressing any other keys.

: My programmer has a problem doing this. I was told it was because in
: WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM one cannot clear blocks and also cannot go into
: insert mode. Any suggestions on how we can implement this style
: of user interface in Oracle Form 4.0?

: Thank you.

: Joe Ho
: (hdrjoe_at_hk.super.net)