Re: Oracle forms 4.0 book

From: Jack Love <jlove_at_ivrit.ra.itd.umich.edu>
Date: 22 Jul 1994 19:39:29 GMT

In article <CtB3nw.M9r_at_apollo.hp.com>, David Owens <daveo_at_wal.hp.com> wrote:
>I ordered the Form's Developer's Companion from Oracle but was
>disappointed that it did not include info for v. 4.0. It was a case of
>misleading advertising.

Boy do I agree with this. I special ordered my copy. It came as a version 3.0 book with a sticker clumisly affixed which read "use with versions 3 & 4." But the truth was soon evident: not a word about the GUI objects, not a word about critical Forms 4 structures such as record groups or relations. It may be a decent aid for understanding Forms processing, but as a specific tool for version 4, I give it a solid F.

Jack F. Love	| 	Opinions expressed are mine alone.