Re: HELP: Windows SQL*NET problem (only one instance).

From: <KJOHNSON_at_ESRIN.BITNET>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 09:44:55 CET

In article <ace.79.0017C4A9_at_ics.forth.gr>, ace_at_ics.forth.gr (Andreas C. Enotiadis) says:

>In article <1994Jul20.140832.21369_at_fct.unl.pt> ppf_at_fct.unl.pt (Pedro Pimentel)
>writes:
>>From: ppf_at_fct.unl.pt (Pedro Pimentel)
>>Subject: HELP: Windows SQL*NET problem (only one instance).
>>Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 14:08:32 GMT

>> Hi,

>> I'm currently using SQL*NET for Windows on top of Trumpet Winsock
>>Rev B beta #6 and I'm not able to start more than one instance of a
>>SQL*NET connection to my Unix Server.

>> Example: If I'm using SQL*PLUS for Windows and SQL*Forms Designer for
>>Windows, I have to disconnect one of them to connect with the other.

>> I'm missing something or it's just like that ?

>> Thanks

>> Pedro Pimentel
>> ppf_at_fct.unl.pt
>
>Are you running NetInit (It comes with SQL*Net) to allocate more than one
>sessions? Otherwise the problem you mention will appear!
>Andreas

>Andreas C. Enotiadis
>Internetwork Ltd
>"Just screwing around - for a living"
>ace_at_ics.forth.gr
>ace_at_iesl.forth.gr
>ace_at_praxis.forth.gr
>Snail-Mail :7 Fokidos Str, 11526 Athens, Greece. Tel : 6486222-3, Fax 6486223

We had this kind of problem , ORACLE Support recommended  (a) Using an explicit connect string including the IP port number

       e.g T:111.222.333.444/1525:DB
          where 111.222.333.444 is the IP address
            and 1525            is the default port number for SQL*net v1 tcp
 (b) To obtain a later release of SQL*Net for Windows Certainly the workaround (a) fixed our problem, I haven't tried (b) yet.

Kevin.

Kevin Johnson                      EMAIL  :  johnson_at_mail.esrin.esa.it
Information Administrator
European Space Agency              DISCLAIMER :  These views are mine
ESRIN, FRASCATI, ITALIA.                         not necessarily those
                                                 of my employer.