MS Access <-> ODBC <-> Oracle7 for Novell

From: Rodney Coleman <bigbod_at_cerberus.bhpese.oz.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 01:11:54 GMT

	Hi! I am trying to set up a connection between Micosoft Access V2
	and a Novell 4 Server running Oracle7 for Novell. I have installed
	the Oracle7 ODBC driver and set up two data sources - one for our
	development server, and the other for our production server.

	When I attempt to attach to a table on a server using either data
	source, after logging on I receive the following errors:

		ODBC-call failed.

[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI]ORA-03116:ttcxxx:
invalid buffer length[#3116] OR
[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI]ORA-3106:
fatal two-task communication protocol error[#3106] The client PC is running the following software: MS-DOS 6.20 Windows for Workgroups 3.11 Novell V4 client SW (lsl, ne2000, ipxodi, vlm) SQL*Net SPX for Windows 1.1.1.11 The server PC is running the following software: Novell 4.01 server Oracle7 for Novell 7.0.15.4.1 SQL*Net SPX 1.1.1.5 Has anyone set up a similar configuration to this ?? Any advice on how to fix this problem would be appreciated !! Thanks, Rod. -- Everytime I open the door, | Rodney Coleman, Analyst Programmer its the same DAMN thing...... | BHP Information Technology That bitch bends over, | Newcastle, Australia.
  and I forget my name !! (Gene Simmons) | (bigbod_at_liberator.bhpese.oz.au) Received on Fri Jul 15 1994 - 03:11:54 CEST

Original text of this message