ORACLE Forms 4.0 and SQL*Net Asynch

From: Kevin M Toepke <ktoepke_at_magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Date: 14 Jul 1994 23:08:08 GMT

Hello all:

I am in charge of evaluating ORACLE Forms 4.0 as a user interface to a remote database over phone lines using SQL*Net Asynch.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience doing this, and, if so, they could send me some comments on the feasibility of this.

Also, any general comments about the quality of Forms 4.0 in terms of stability and/or quality of the GUI capabilities would be appreciated.

We are evaluating this solution because the tool we are currently using (XcelleNet RemoteWare Forms v1.3) looks like it isn't up to the task.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Toepke

--
ktoepke_at_freenet.columbus.oh.edu