Re: Database Evaluation

From: <mmarolda_at_onramp.net>
Date: 13 Jul 1994 18:39:23 -0500

In article <301jid$lo_at_news.onramp.net>, <nariani_at_onramp.net> wrote:

>We are looking to select a relational database for Sun Sparc
>platform among Oracle, Sybase Ingres, and Informix. Speed,
>ability to handle many concurrent queries, handling BLOBS, are
>among some of our concerns aside from the cost.
>
>I would really appreciate ANY pointers to existing evaluations
>from any source (internet, commercial, magazines etc).
>I would also appreciate any long or short personal experiences
>or comments.

The Patricia Seybold Group used to have an excellent overview of all four of these products that addressed these (and many other issues). I don't know if they've updated it recently but if so, you may want to get it. It costs ~$700 bucks but will more than repay for itself when you account for lost time if you research it yourself or if you choose the wrong product.

Mike Marolda
mmarolda_at_onramp.net

--
Bristol Database Resources Inc.
Providing Oracle Client/Server Solutions