C/S issues questions [Susan Dokuzoguz]

From: <moruk_at_dokuzoguz.nv.doe.gov>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 22:16:10 GMT

We are starting a procurement for Oracle for our first entry into C/S. We  currently are developing small LAN-based apps in Paradox for Windows. They are typically for a small number of users on a Novell LAN with 486/33 workstations.

1.  What brick walls will we find using Paradox as the client?
2.  What tools should we be looking at to supplement the Oracle product set?
3.  Are there pieces of Oracle we need not buy?
4.  Does anyone have cost/performance data for various target platforms?
5.  Any comments on NT versus UNIX?

My Internet address is dok_at_nv.doe.gov. Received on Sat Jul 09 1994 - 00:16:10 CEST

Original text of this message