Info/Experience in setting up high availability Oracle installations

From: Anantha Padmanabha N. Srirama <ans10_at_Ayodhya.ate.amdahl.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 22:57:43 GMT

Hi,

	We have a need for an Oracle installation with very high availability
	on a Sun/Solaris 2.3 platform. I was wondering how other companies
	with this kind of a need are addressing it. I am interested in details
	like:

- What kind of hardware enhancements were installed on the server like
RAID, dual ported disks, memory size,...
- What kind of software was installed (inhouse or third party) to
enhance availability
- Any other application installation tips.
BTW, we will be using Oracle7 v7.0.16 or v7.1 on a four processor SparcServer 690 MP with 129M memory. Thanks a lot in advance.
--

- Anantha Padmanabha N. Srirama -

Anantha Padmanabha N. Srirama	*   mail:   Srirama_at_Ayodhya.ate.amdahl.com
Amdahl Corporation		*   voice:  +408.992.2251
1250, E.Arques Avenue, MS:298	*
Sunnyvale  CA 94088-3470	*