Quality of Oracle Support

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 08:55:00 -0500

-> 1. When you ask a simple technical question of Oracle technical
-> support, do you get a correct answer, right away?

Really depends on who you talk to in tech support. There are SO many people there, you get wildly varying quality. BUT: They've added an option on their support system that asks if this is a "downed" production system. If you choose that, you get an EXPERT immediately. On the few times I've chosen that option, my problem was solved within 5-10 minutes.

-> 2. When you ask a hard technical question of Oracle technical
-> support, do you get a correct answer, right away?

Same as above.

-> 3. When you find a product defect, how prompt and effective is the
-> company's response? What do they usually do?

Say it'll be fixed in the next release. Received on Fri Jul 08 1994 - 15:55:00 CEST

Original text of this message