Quality of Oracle Support

From: David Roberts <droberts_at_seas.gwu.edu>
Date: 8 Jul 1994 03:05:53 GMT

I'm helping a large organization with a database system selection, and they are interested in quality of tech support. I volunteered to use the Net for a little survey. If you will respond to these questions in email, when I am done with oracle, sybase and informix surveys I will post a summary, WITH IDENTITIES REMOVED.

  1. When you ask a simple technical question of Oracle technical support, do you get a correct answer, right away?
  2. When you ask a hard technical question of Oracle technical support, do you get a correct answer, right away?
  3. When you find a product defect, how prompt and effective is the company's response? What do they usually do?
  4. Have you experienced any database corruptions that you could not definitely attribute to hardware problems? If so, on what computer system and what version of Oracle, and what was the company's response?

Thanks!!!

Dave Roberts Received on Fri Jul 08 1994 - 05:05:53 CEST

Original text of this message