Re: Quality of Oracle Support

From: Slurton <slurton_at_aol.com>
Date: 13 Jul 1994 23:19:02 -0400

In article <12a.3203.905_at_compudata.com>, barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com (Barry Roomberg) writes:

I logged a production system down called and they called back two hours later. I find that I agree with the person who started this discussion, I usually cannot find the person to solve my problem and I usually solve my own problem in the time it takes them to solve it.

I paid $9,000.00 dollars to renew my support this last year for an 8 user license on an HP 9000 unix system and it was not worth the money.

Also if you think about it, since support is only done out of California I find that the people that can do more than just answer a phone and take a message do not get in until about 12:00 pm Eastern STandard Time. I therefore feel that the people on the each coast should pay half of what the people on the West coast pay. Oracle of coarse does not see the logic in this. Received on Thu Jul 14 1994 - 05:19:02 CEST

Original text of this message