orasrv,tcpctl,tcputl

From: bpanko <bpanko_at_podsun10.cc.binghamton.edu>
Date: 7 Jul 1994 10:20:33 -0400

Hello Everyone,

We have Oracle (6.0), the power to the server IBM RISC 6000 was accidentaly turned off. I checked with : tcpctl stat ,the response being tcputl:network read error:no such file or directory Then I did tcpctl start ,the response being .....
,.....
orasrv already running (i don't remember exact message) I tried tcpctl stop ,response this time being tcputl:checking read permissions
tcputl:subprocesses still active,cannot stop.

I also did database shutdown from sqldba> ; system shutdown/reboot; and database startup , I also did $ps -e -f to check for process orasrv (we use sqlnet TCP/IP and orasrv as server process), guess what, it showed me 4 other oracle processes but no orasrv.

Please guide me if anyone has a clue ASAP.

Thanks, folks Received on Thu Jul 07 1994 - 16:20:33 CEST

Original text of this message