Forms 3.0 Questions.

From: Steve Frampton <frampton_at_vicuna.ocunix.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 1994 14:44:00 -0400

Hello:

I would like to ask two Forms 3.0 questions if I may:

  1. I tried to produce a hard-coded List-of-values for my form, using the following code:
        select 'N', 'No' into :MASTER.FORM_REQUIRED from dual
        union
        select 'Y', 'Yes' into :MASTER.FORM_REQUIRED from dual

The above code matches the syntax pretty closely with the example in the Oracle FAQ. But I always get an error with the List-of-values when I generate the form. What am I doing wrong?

2) Is there a way to output a message to a specified X,Y position on the form? For example, I've got some entry fields separated by blank lines. If a certain condition was met, I would like to display a message adjacent to the entry fields (eg. "*** ABSENCE FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR THIS ENTRY ***"). Sure, I could use a normal displayable field, but I don't want the underline to show up (ie. I don't want *anything* to appear if no message is to be displayed). Can this be done?

BTW...as I've said in previous posts, I am a weaselly end-user with no access to documentation, so please avoid RTFM responses. :-)

Thanks in advance!

Steve Frampton E-mail: <frampton_at_vicuna.ocunix.on.ca> Received on Thu Jul 07 1994 - 20:44:00 CEST

Original text of this message