Re: orasrv,tcpctl,tcputl

From: Anton Dischner <dischner_at_med.uni-meunchen.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 13:36:32 -0800

In article <2vh2vh$a9_at_podsun10.cc.binghamton.edu>, bpanko_at_podsun10.cc.binghamton.edu (bpanko) wrote:

> We have Oracle (6.0), the power to the server IBM RISC 6000 was accidentaly
> turned off. I checked with : tcpctl stat ,the response being
> tcputl:network read error:no such file or directory
> Then I did tcpctl start ,the response being
> ,.....
> orasrv already running (i don't remember exact message)
> I tried tcpctl stop ,response this time being
> tcputl:checking read permissions
> tcputl:subprocesses still active,cannot stop.

... stuff deleted ...

You should start and stop the orasrv from the same user! (I guess you started it as root but wanted to stop it as oracle or normal user)

Best regards,

| Anton Dischner                               Phone: +49 89 70953202|
| Institut fuer Klinische Chemie               Fax  : +49 89 70958888|
| Klinikum Grosshadern                         Home : +49 89 6254060 |
| Ludwig Maximilians Universitaet Muenchen     Handy: +49 172 8388880|
| 81366 Muenchen                                                     |
| Marchioninistr. 15                                                 |
| Germany                          Mail: dischner_at_med.uni-muenchen.de|