Re: Oracle CDE use

From: Eli Marmor <marmor_at_sunblast.cs.biu.ac.il.cs.biu.ac.il>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 1994 15:15:05 +0300

Steve Gerard (sjg_at_qdot.qld.gov.au) wrote:
: Since the alt.windows.cde news group has been so quiet, I would like to

: etc., etc.

: Forms 4 -> _
: Reports 2 -> _
: Graphics 2 -> _
: CASE 5.1 -> _
This newsgroup doesn't have anything to do with Oracle. CDE stand for Common Desktop Environment, and it is the first product of COSE. When there will be a commercial release, it will become the new standard for UNIX workstations, because most of the UNIX vendors announced they will bundle it with their OS.

I know Oracle has a product in the same name. In the next 3 years, millions of copies of COSE's CDE will be sold, so I recommend Oracle to change the name of their product... (I know they were first, but the market determines).

Eli Marmor
El-Mar Software Ltd. Received on Thu Jul 07 1994 - 14:15:05 CEST

Original text of this message