Re: HELP: SQL*Net V1 - ORA-03113: end-of-file on comms channel

From: Dave Watts <dwatts_at_dallas.tymnet.bt.co.uk>
Date: 07 Jul 94 11:55:47 GMT

|>Simple answer: you need to re-link your Oracle products.
|>
|>This is what Oracle Tech Support told me to do:
|>(on a Unix server)
|>
|>1- ensure that your oratab file is correct. Any typo would give you
|> an ORA-03113.
|>
|>2- try to loop-back, by saying: sqlplus username/passwd_at_T:server:sid . Issue this command
|> on the server machine, not through the network. If this fails then you need to link
|> SQL*Net V1 with Oracle and sqlplus.
|>
|>3- shut down you database. IMPORTANT.
|>
|>Do not hold me responsible for the following. It is what Oracle Tech support told me to do.
|>
|>4- go to $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib and type
|>
|> make -f oracle.mk install
|>
|>Once this is done, try to connect again with sqlplus. If this fails, I do not know what it is.
|>In our case, though, the above worked fine.
|>
|>John

Ah ha! Thats it, it works! Number (4) fixed the problem. Thanks to everyone who chipped in...

Just one thing, if/when any one else has tried this did the make complete cleanly? Ours didn't; oracle, imp and exp were rebuilt successfully, but the link (ld) for imp and exp included LDSTRING twice causing a couple of warnings of duplicated options. Seemed to be a problem in the makefile. That wasn't a problem. However make fell over when it was trying to build sqldba moaning about a lot of unresolved symbols. My LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/lib:/opt/SUNWspro/lib:/usr/SUNWmotif/lib: /usr/openwin/lib
Is there anything missing here? /opt/oracle/rdbms/lib?

This doesn't seem to have affected normal oracle operations however... Any ideas gratefully received,
Dave

--

| Dave Watts                            |                       |