Import problem

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 94 20:51:00 -0500

-> But now, when I start the import, the following message appeares:
-> ORA-02226:invalid MAXEXTENTs value (max allowed 121)
->
-> (from what I saw in the .dmp files, this value is 999 ).

Number of max extents is a function of blocksize, since oracle stores an extent map in a single block. The smaller the block, the fewer allowed, and vice versa. 999 is kinda huge, and I don't have my manual handy to double check, but it seems too large.

I'd go into the dump file and actually change that value to 121 via a hex editor. Received on Fri Jul 08 1994 - 03:51:00 CEST

Original text of this message