Re: HELP: SQL*Net V1 - ORA-03113: end-of-file on comms channel

From: Ioannis Alvertos <ialve_at_ctp.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 1994 18:58:51 GMT

Simple answer: you need to re-link your Oracle products.

This is what Oracle Tech Support told me to do: (on a Unix server)

1- ensure that your oratab file is correct. Any typo would give you

   an ORA-03113.

2- try to loop-back, by saying: sqlplus username/passwd_at_T:server:sid . Issue this command

   on the server machine, not through the network. If this fails then you need to link    SQL*Net V1 with Oracle and sqlplus.

3- shut down you database. IMPORTANT.

Do not hold me responsible for the following. It is what Oracle Tech support told me to do.

4- go to $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib and type

        make -f oracle.mk install

Once this is done, try to connect again with sqlplus. If this fails, I do not know what it is. In our case, though, the above worked fine.

John

>In article <Cs4357.D60_at_ztivax.zfe.siemens.de>, dbbetr_at_ztivax.zfe.siemens.de (Karin Schroeter) writes:
>|>Ms. D.H. Harvey (qq45_at_liverpool.ac.uk) wrote:
>|>: Dave Watts (dwatts_at_dallas.tymnet.bt.co.uk) wrote:
>|>: : Can anyone help here?

>|>: : I have installed SQL*Net V1 TCP (Oracle 7.0.15.4 for Solaris 2.3). The
>|>: : machine already has V2 installed. There are no errors in the
>|>: : install.log, orasrv starts fine (tcpctl start) and listens on the

>|>: : But, when trying to connect to the server from a client (forms4 or
>|>: : sqlplus) I get an 'ORA-03113: end-of-file on communications channel'
>|>: : error. The connection attempt is recorded in the orasrv.log file, but
>|>: : no error. It appears that the server is not being able to start the
>|>: : 'oraclesid t:23423:2342' shadow process.

>|>: : Can anyone suggest why this might be? Is it an installation problem?
>|>: : Something not relinked? File permissions, setuid roots? Aliens?
>|>
>|>iThink ther is no installation problem. We^ve the same bug in Oracle 7.0.13.45 for BS2000. Oracle H
 otline told us there is probably a bug in the RDBMS. They^re still searching! ;-)l