Re: Oracle 7 and ODBC : Repost.

From: Kent Cearley <cearley_k_at_wizard.colorado.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 17:47:45

Malcom,

>>ODBC-call failed. ÝMicrosoft¨ÝODBC DLL¨
>>Driver's SQLSetConnectOption failed ÝOracle¨ÝODBC Oracle Driver¨

>the problem is not Oracle related, (Oracle stuff works fine) rather VB
>and/or Microsoft ODBC related. Therefore, I'm cross posting this to comp.

Could be TCP/IP related.. if you are using TCP/IP as your protocol stack, you may need something similar to the following in your "services" file:

orasrv 1525/tcp oracle

(Or whatever port the oracle server is listening too). What does your ODBC.INI entry look like for the Oracle server you are trying to connect to? Do you have ODBC.DLL and SQORA.DLL in the /SYSTEM directory?

Kent Cearley
Univ. Of Colo. Received on Fri Jul 01 1994 - 17:47:45 CEST

Original text of this message