Re: Oracle 7 and ODBC : Repost.

From: Malcolm Sainsbury <msains_at_sunbird.ru.ac.za>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 19:50:44 GMT

Michael Downing <MDOWNING_at_ESTEC.BITNET> writes:
>I am also having problems with the Oracle 7 ODBC driver. The message
>that I get is;

>ODBC-call failed. ÝMicrosoft¨ÝODBC DLL¨
>Driver's SQLSetConnectOption failed ÝOracle¨ÝODBC Oracle Driver¨
>Driver not capable.ÝOracle¨ÝODBC Oracle Driver¨ÝOracle OCI¨
>ORA-06676:osnfal:Password Invalid.
>I feel that my installation of SQL*Net and services file must be correct
>as I use Oracle*Forms, Oracle*Reports, and Oracle*DataBrowser, so the
>problem must be in the ODBC installation.
>I am using Visual Basic to connect to an Oracle 7 database on a
>VM/ESA mainframe.

This is EXACTLY my problem, and the one which lead me to post the original query. Several people responded, but none of their kind suggestions was able to help solve the problem. I'm convinced that the problem is not Oracle related, (Oracle stuff works fine) rather VB and/or Microsoft ODBC related. Therefore, I'm cross posting this to comp. lang.basic.visual too.

Regards

Malcolm

--
Malcolm Sainsbury - Dept of Information Systems - Rhodes University
Internet: msains_at_sunbird.ru.ac.za               Phone: +27 [0]461 22023 xt 244