Oracle 7 and ODBC : Repost.

From: Michael Downing <MDOWNING_at_ESTEC.BITNET>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 08:52:34 MET

I am also having problems with the Oracle 7 ODBC driver. The message that I get is;

ODBC-call failed. ÝMicrosoft¨ÝODBC DLL¨ Driver's SQLSetConnectOption failed ÝOracle¨ÝODBC Oracle Driver¨ Driver not capable.ÝOracle¨ÝODBC Oracle Driver¨ÝOracle OCI¨ ORA-06676:osnfal:Password Invalid.

I feel that my installation of SQL*Net and services file must be correct as I use Oracle*Forms, Oracle*Reports, and Oracle*DataBrowser, so the problem must be in the ODBC installation.

I am using Visual Basic to connect to an Oracle 7 database on a VM/ESA mainframe.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance, Received on Fri Jul 01 1994 - 09:52:34 CEST

Original text of this message