Oracle Gateway ACCESS & DB2

From: Anwar Kassam 237-3892 <kassama_at_cuug.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 17:46:34 GMT

I have a problem accessing DB2 using ORACLE's gateway and MICROSOFT's ACCESS. The only way I can do it is by defining DB2 views to an ORACLE server and then access DB2 via the ORACLE views. The error I get is ODBC failed when I try to access DB2 directly.

I would like to access DB2 directly from ACCESS using ODBC. My client is Windows and the SQL*Net is the DOS TSR. I would like to know if anyone has been successful in accessing DB2 directly and what release of SQL*Net is required on client and mainframe. Thanks in advance.

Anwar Kassam
kassama_at_cuug.ab.ca   Received on Fri Jun 24 1994 - 19:46:34 CEST

Original text of this message