Re: Oracle Gateway ACCESS & DB2

From: Gary Assa <gsa_at_panix.com>
Date: 26 Jun 1994 20:27:55 -0400

>ODBC failed when I try to access DB2 directly.
>
>I would like to access DB2 directly from ACCESS using ODBC. My client is
>Windows and the SQL*Net is the DOS TSR. I would like to know if anyone
>has been successful in accessing DB2 directly and what release of
>SQL*Net is required on client and mainframe. Thanks in advance.

I don't use DB2, but here are some questions that you may need to answer:

For Oracle to talk with Access, you need to start orasrv from the root user account. Is there something similar for DB2?

Again, For Oracle/Access, you must have the following line in /etc/services:

        orasrv 1525/tcp

Hope this lends some insight.

1. Earth is 98% full. Please delete anyone you can.
2. I came, I saw, I deleted all your files.
3. The world will end in 5 minutes. Please log out.