BLObs in V7

From: Brett M May <bmay_at_novalink.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 94 01:17:02 EST

I am interested in storing several microsoft word documents in my Oracle 7.0.16 database as BLObs (i.e. LONG RAW). They are moderately sized
(i.e. < 100K). I was looking through my documentation and I really
could
use some info about
1) how to get started loading documents into the database (PRO*C? SQL loader? PL/SQL?)
2) best practices for access (2k at a time? 32K at at time> etc.) 3) tricks & traps
Please reply via email if possible to bmay_at_novalink.com Thanx in advance,
Brett

Brett M. May         |"...so I says to the lama, 'HEY! LAMA! How
Andersen Consulting  |bout a little something for the effort?'
Houston, TX          |And the lama says, 'oh, there will be no

(713) 237-2206 (day) |money. But when you die, on your deathbed,
bmay_at_novalink.com |you will recieve total conciousness.' So I