Re: OCI deferred mode linking and ORACLE 7 / Windows NT

From: Doug Harris <ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 22:52:59 GMT

In a previous article, madmax_at_world.std.com (Ted A McFadden) says:

>I am trying to debug some OCI programs and to make life easier I would
>like to make sure I am not running in deferred link mode.

   I'm guessing that you are talking about deferred parsing and binding which in some cases is turned on/off by linking with certain libraries. I seem to recall that with the OCI things are much easier, as deferred binding and/or parsing can be turned on/of using one of the arguments to the oparse() call.

  • Doug Harris Database Administrator, System Development Division, Statistics Canada ## Standard Disclaimer Applies ## --