Re: SQL*Net and Apple

From: Ed Fraser <no email>
Date: 11 Jun 1994 00:48:05 GMT

In article <2t8026$3pa_at_Venus.mcs.com>, rrogers_at_MCS.COM (Richard Rogers) wrote:

> I'm not that familiar with the Macintosh environment. Is SQL*Net available
> on the mac and what transport choices are there? I've heard a rumor that
> Powerbuilder will be ported someday to the Mac, and would like to get a
> feeling of how that would be supported in access to an Oracle database.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>

> Richard Rogers Voice: +1 708 655 7895
> RR Donnelley Database Technology Services Fax: +1 708 655 7755
> rogers_at_acm.org rrogers_at_mcs.com

LRP Richard,

We've been using SQL*Net in a Mac only environment to access Oracle for years. It's definatly available! We use TCP/IP, ethernet. I heard the same thing about Powerbuilder. But in the mean time, try 4th Dimention. It is an extremely effective DBMS that can also front an Oracle db.

Ed Fraser Received on Sat Jun 11 1994 - 02:48:05 CEST

Original text of this message