Re: SQL*Net and Apple

From: Leo Mannhart <mannhart_at_zuv.unizh.ch>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 08:10:30 GMT

In article <2t8026$3pa_at_Venus.mcs.com>, rrogers_at_MCS.COM (Richard Rogers) wrote:

> I'm not that familiar with the Macintosh environment. Is SQL*Net available
> on the mac and what transport choices are there? I've heard a rumor that
> Powerbuilder will be ported someday to the Mac, and would like to get a
> feeling of how that would be supported in access to an Oracle database.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.

Yes SQL*Net is available for Mac. I'm using SQL*Net for TCP/IP (works with Mac/TCP), but there are others available (for DecNet, AppleTalk ask an Oracle sales rep). Current version for me is 1.5 but with the new CDE-Tools, there may be a SQL*Net V2 version (not seen yet) There are also a SQL*Plus, SQL*Forms (not recommended IMHO), DataBrowser. ClearAccess also works with SQL*Net

Hope this helps
LM

--
Leo Mannhart