Re: How to connect ODBC and Oracle through SQL*NET ?

From: Doug Harris <ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 22:15:46 GMT

In a previous article, ppf_at_fct.unl.pt (Pedro Pimentel) says:

> I've Oracle v7 orasrv, SQL*NET for windows, SQL*PLUS for windows, etc
>running fine. I just can't setup ODBC:
> Am I missing something? I'm using the (default) option for the network
>library at the ODBC SQL server setup.

You are trying to use the wrong ODBC driver (i.e. the one for Microsoft/Sybase SQL Server). You want the Oracle7 ODBC driver which is available on Compu$erve or via Anonymous FTP from somewhere (Sorry, seem to have misplaced the address).

  • Doug Harris Database Administrator, System Development Division, Statistics Canada ## Standard Disclaimer Applies ## --