Re: Archive data

From: Bruce Pihlamae <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 3 Jun 94 08:38:44 +1000

In article <2skl8mINN4e8_at_turtle.cis.ohio-state.edu>, skiba_at_cis.ohio-state.edu (david j skiba) writes:
> I have some data in a table and we want to purge old records every month.
> What would be the best way to save these records offline. There is
> a small chance we may need to look at them after being purged but we
> must save them anyway.

Oracle have a SQL*Connect product (I think that's the name) which will read flat files (even from tape) and treat them as normal tables (for read only?).

Well that's what I've heard.

Have a talk with your local Oracle rep I'm sure he'll take your money er help you out of your money er give you what he wants er ... oh just do it.

8^}

Bruce...        pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

NOTE: DEFAULT 'FROM' ADDRESS MAY BE STUFFED BY TEAMLINKS!!
  • Bruce Pihlamae -- Database Administration *
  • Commonwealth Department of Human Services and Health *
  • These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have. *

"The more complex the argument gets, the easier it is to refute." "Killing is wrong!" -- Trent 'The Uncatchable' Castanaveras

                                    7